Personally assists staff/users with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology through one-on-one consultancy to end users while concurrently assisting in the maintenance and testing of network servers and associated equipment along with other departmental support responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software to include specification, installation, research, testing of computer systems, and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems associated with application software and operating systems.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Manage user account data in Active Directory, Exchange, and several lines of business applications.
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide continual support for line of business data processing files, while supporting the user population.
- Assess functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Order computer supplies.
- Maintain telephone system.
SYSTEMS INVOLVED :
- Windows XP\7
- Office Suite 2003, 2007, 2010
- MS Access 2000
- Site Helpdesk
- Administer Active Directory Users and Computers
- Command prompt commands
- Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition System Center Console
- Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, desktop and server client
- Remote Desktop Client
- Windows Task Scheduler
- Office Communicator
- Windows Deployment Services
- Citrix Metaframe client
- VZ Access Manager
- Adobe Products (Reader, Flash, etc)
- ATM Manager Pro, Access client
- ATM Manager Pro, web client
- Blackberry Manager
- Blackberry Desktop Manager
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Cisco VPN client
- Cisco Security Agent
- Cisco Call Manager
- Cisco Unity
- Cisco Unified CM Administration
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Cute FTP client
- Crystal Reports
- CTI Server
- Ceridian Self Service
- Cardtronics EFT switch
- Diebold CSP 200 server
- Equity Enterprise Express
- Great Plains
- Internet Information Services
- Nero Essentials
- Remote Desktop Services Manager
- RTS Service Manager
- SQL Enterprise Manager
- Terminal Server
- Transaction Manager
- Virtual Assistant
- Various applications written in-house: pncdtfile.exe, updatelynk.exe, Fiserveprocess.exe, and cdr_etdload.exe.
- Windows Backup
- Xmedius Fax Server
- Knowledge of Windows XP, and Windows 7
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2003, 2007, 2010 required.
- Network printing
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge
- Must be able to participate in IT on-call rotation for a 1-week duration including weekends, and rotates through the designated On-call Support Team.
- Must be able to successfully pass all applicable background screening tests.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Very strong independent analyses, communication and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to successfully work independently with little supervision while consistently utilizing initiative and good judgment.
- Strong aptitude for working with technology, coupled with the ability to learn and absorb new information quickly required.
- Able to both personally deliver quality customer service directly to users, and via email and/or telephone.
- Able to effectively handle multiple priorities in a fast paced work setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 + years of corporate desktop support work in a Windows environment at a medium or large business required.
- Extensive experience and/or knowledge experience supporting Windows XP and 7 desktop/laptop PCs.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops, Servers
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Prior customer service experience a must.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Cardtronics is the largest non-bank owner and operator of automated teller machines (ATMs) and related financial services equipment in the...