Cengage Learning's Belmont office has an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Analyst to become a part of the team that provide s quality, professional desktop, laptop and office application support to our 300+ internal user community including executive-level customers. This includes the deployment and troubleshooting of all hardware, operating systems and applications supported by Desktop Support. This position is responsible for receiving and responding to customer problems received via ticketing system, phone and email. This position works with other Technology Services staff to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues outside of Desktop Support’s immediate responsibility or skill set. Visit http://cengage-sfbayarea.jobs/ to learn more about the Belmont office and Cengage Learning.
Position Description (Essential Duties & Responsibilities):
- Performs user support with a sense of urgency and exceptional customer service skills
- Performs work independently
- Works directly with remote system administration and engineering-level peers to ensure stability of network, servers and telecommunications systems.
- Provides weekly written updates on status of current calls, open issues and projects
- Performs desktop and laptop system deployments including hardware and software configuration primarily on Lenovo/IBM laptops and Apple computers.
- Works proactively with Human Resources to On-board new employees, create accounts, and order hardware and software for those employees, assist in the training and orientation of new staff in use of hardware and software
- Supports Outlook 2007/2010 for Exchange Email system and iPad/iPhone/RIM Blackberry Devices
- Supports phone adds, moves and changes as required
- Occasionally provides house calls for executives when necessary
- Assists internal customers by providing Video/Audio Conference support for presentations
- Responsible for accurate tracking of all assets supported by Desktop Support
- Performs troubleshooting of supported desktop operating systems and applications
- Interacts with vendors to facilitate repairs of hardware, i.e. printers, laptops and desktops
- Documents system problems and resolution for future reference.
- Performs image builds for use on Windows and Apple systems
- Performs system setup and deployments, as well as software installation, configuration and troubleshooting on Windows and Apple systems
- Maintains technical documentation related to the configuration of components (i.e. hardware, operating system, applications, management tools, etc.) including installation and troubleshooting instructions for each.
- Maintains confidentiality of company information.
- BS Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or similar related experience
- Minimum of three years hands-on support experience with desktop support technologies including: Windows XP Professional/Win 7, Outlook 2007/2010, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Microsoft desktop applications, basic to intermediate-level networking, Adobe product suites, Ghost disk imaging software, and problem tracking software.
- Two years of industry and system experience with working knowledge of Macintosh operating systems, Adobe applications, software distribution and client/server administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance, punctuality and a sense of urgency is absolutely required.
- Detail oriented, a team player and has the ability work on multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proven outstanding customer service skills
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
- Current certifications in A+, Microsoft technologies and Apple OS X administration or equivalent highly desired.
Cengage Learning - 15 months ago
Cengage Learning is a leading provider of innovative teaching, learning and research solutions for the academic, professional and library...