This position reports to the IT Applications Manager.
The Desktop Support Analyst is the first level of end-user technical support at the Port of Houston. As the primary point of user-to-IT interaction, the Desktop Support Analyst represents the face of IT at PHA. This position is part of a team that is responsible for supporting the end-user IT environment, from PC/ thin-client and applications to printing to Voice-Over IP phones. The Desktop Support Analyst also assists more senior IT team-members with projects and tasks as necessary. This is an entry-level technical support position, and aptitude and attitude are as applicable as experience. The successful candidate will possess a strong desire to learn increasingly-complex technical skills and the personality to work well with other IT team-mates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide Port of Houston users with a positive, supportive customer service experience.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with:
-Microsoft Windows-based (XP, Windows 7, Windows 8) workstations and thin clients.
-User applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Sparcs, Sharepoint, and various Internet-based applications.
-Network multifunction printers by HP, Sharp, and Xerox.
-Basic network connectivity and Internet Protocol (IP) issues.
- Installs and configures user-level workstation hardware, software, and network equipment.
- Perform user account moves, adds, deletions and modifications via Microsoft Active Directory.
- Assigns and escalates user issue tickets within the PHA IT Service Desk tracking system.
- Assists Sr. IT Team members with projects as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of Personal Computer (PC) workstations including hardware configuration, troubleshooting.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems such as Windows XP, 7, and 8.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with Windows desktop operating systems and Office XP/2003/2007/2010 application suite at the basic to intermediate level.
- Familiar with Internet Protocol (IP) basic administration and troubleshooting.
- Associate’s degree or higher in an applicable IT discipline.
- Previous experience supporting users as a Desktop Support Analyst or equivalent may be substituted for the degree requirement at the discretion of IT management.
Works in an office environment which may occasionally include exposure to outside operations and construction sites where there may be hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by weather/temperature and the presence of noise, dust, and other environmental factors. This position rotates between the Turning Basin facility and PHA’s Bayport and Barbour’s Cut container facilities.
Port of Houston Authority - 12 months ago