Do you love working with the latest and great technologies? Would you like to help create innovative technology that changes lives?
If so, we want to talk to you!
Reporting to the Associate Director of Support Center Operations the Desktop Support Manager is a full-time position located in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for the operational and administrative activities associated with the BTS L2 Desktop Support team.
Essential Job Duties:
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Sets the near term strategy, mission for the areas(s) of responsibility.
- Develops annual budget, makes adjustments quarterly as needed due to changing business and strategic priorities. Manages to the established budget.
- Recruits, develops and mentors a high quality team.
- Establishes desktop support policies and procedures, ensures that the team is trained on them and is consistently following them.
- Implements policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed and corrected. Ensures issue resolution in minimum time.
- Ensures that tickets are being resolved as per established procedures/processes, and are meeting their SLAs.
- Monitors technical operations, promotes changes to environment to gain efficiencies, provides status reports of operations and performance to goals.
- Establishes metrics and KPIs; tracks them on a regular basis as necessary.
- Provides technical and process guidance to staff on issues that are escalated to management.
- Works proactively with the Service Desk, Enterprise Command Center and Operations teams, defining processes which will increase staff efficiency and promote overall customer satisfaction.
- Facilitates integration and communication of IT with other departments.
- Manages technical projects and rollouts, acting as lead technology resource to coordinate remote activities.
- Reviews, evaluates and prepares periodic performance reports of staff.
- Ensures efficient and thorough communication with end-users.
- Ensures high quality of service and customer satisfaction.
- Manages multiple projects, professional and technical staff, and other related activities of the area, including input to, and management of budget for the offices supported.
- Assist external auditors, regulatory auditors and other 3rd parties as needed.
- Assist in company-wide compliance initiatives.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
- Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
- Leading People: The second leadership competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
- Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
- Building Communication: The fourth leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
- Driving Results: The final competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in IT technical support services; three (3) years in supervisory or management capacity.
- Must demonstrate previous experience with the logistics, technology, metrics and operations of geographically dispersed Desktop Support teams.
- Demonstrate experience with Incident, Problem and Service Level Management Process
- Ability to reach outside of support and build strong relationships to other parts of our organization.
- Be available for on-call duties that might require being available to carry a BlackBerry and respond to calls outside normal business hours and/or during weekends/holidays.
- Self-starter who can work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment requiring quick decision making .
- Interpersonal skills to interact positively and effectively with team members and all levels of business users and management.
- Requires a strong track record with outstanding customer service outcomes.
- Application of effective communication, both oral and written to all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to influence, motivate and direct others to accomplish goals/objectives.
- Effective problem solving, analysis, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, attention to detail, while overseeing multiple projects.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel for reporting purposes (Statistical analysis skills).
- Knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7, client/server, routing, switching, telephony.
- Knowledge of data telecommunication technology; network operating systems; protocols and topologies.
- Knowledge of Intel/MAC workstations (laptops and desktops) and associated software products.
- Ability to follow through with problem resolution quickly and communicate status throughout resolution cycle.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to think through problems and explore solutions.
- Driven to constantly learn new technologies and technical skills.
- Proficient in documenting technical processes and procedures.
- Prior experience with multiple IT Service Management systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (technology discipline preferred)
- Preferred one or more of ITIL, Microsoft and HDI Certification
Bridgepoint has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in.
Bridgepoint Education understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties must apply through the Bridgepoint Education online employment application system.
Bridgepoint Education is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Wait, there’s more… For more cool up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment
screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background
investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education
credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional
reference check; with review prior to an
offer of employment being extended.
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers
Bridgepoint Education - 18 months ago
Project Control Analyst
San Diego, CA
- 1 day ago
First American Financial Corporation
San Diego, CA
First American Financial Corporation
- 7 days ago
Life Cycle Engineering
San Diego, CA
Life Cycle Engineering
- 17 days ago
Bridgepoint thrives on an ethos of invention. We are innovators and educators who make learning more accessible, valuable, and meaningful...