The Desktop Support Specialist, High Availability works to bring focus, urgency, and timely resolution to all critical incidents. This includes taking ownership of the incident for the full life-cycle of the incident; leading the Incident Team, coordinating all incident resolution efforts, communicating with leadership on the status of the incident, and authoring the root cause analysis (RCA) report.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Managing and coordinating all activities for the full life-cycle of in-scope incidents
2. Ensuring that all incident documentation is complete and accurate
3. Chairing bridge calls for effective coordination, incident resolution, and service restoration
4. Sending all incident notifications and updates
5. Coordinating efforts to achieve RCAs for all incidents
6. Delivering post-incident reports and RCAs to relevant parties
7. Works with the Desktop Support Manager and other Team Leaders to compile reports and maintain documentation
Education and Experience:
Five or more years of technical/systems of enterprise support-related experience is required. Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management/CS/MIS(or similar) preferred. High School or equivalent required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
ITIL v3 Foundation certification preferred.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PCs and have a command of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word plus any additional communications equipment as needed.
Arthrex - 18 months ago