Summary: Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computing devices (workstations, desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.) and software, and provides technical assistance and training to system users by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex personal computing device problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user personal computing devices and related peripherals and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to personal computing devices , including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s personal computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user personal computing device networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding personal computing device problems.
- Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with personal computing devices and software.
- Ensure that physical desktop connections (i.e. RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring personal computing operations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards. Completes work in timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have excellent technical knowledge of personal computing device hardware, internal components and must have hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience. Must have working technical knowledge of current personal computing device protocols, operating systems, common software applications, and relevant standards.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical manuals, detailed procedural instructions and OEM manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of a variety of software programs including: Microsoft OS and productivity, Internet software; Order processing systems; Manufacturing software and Database software.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must have the ability to transport moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Daikin Applied - 23 months ago
Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their...