The Desktop Support Specialist works under the IT
Manager and is responsible for most day-to-day desktop support issues. They
ensure that technical problems get solved in a timely manner and that
software/hardware is installed and maintained as needed. This role involves first
level support on desktop support issues.
This individual will be responsible to follow the
standards and practices of the company and have excellent attention to
detail. They need to be willing and able to multitask, work within the schedules of their fellow employees, and see
tasks through to successful conclusion. In addition, this individual must be
organized, a strong communicator, reliable, capable of planning and
prioritizing their tasks, and be a team player.
- Assign and Install software and hardware as
- Configure and distribute hardware for new employees.
- Troubleshoot problems for 230+ users of PCs and
- Troubleshoot problems with printers, phones,
projectors, and other various technology.
- Give basic "how-to" support on various
software packages such Outlook, Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, etc…
- Present IT introduction training to new employees
- Maintain the hardware and software inventory
- Assist the lead Systems Administrator on special
- May occasionally be asked to travel to remote
offices (in Manhattan) to perform various hands-on tasks.
- 1-3 yrs experience troubleshooting both PCs
and Mac’s in a corporate environment. Some remote support experience would be
- Experience supporting Windows XP , Windows 7, and
OS X in an Active Directory environment
- Familiar with imaging and software deployment
processes for both Windows and Mac
- Experience installing multiple software and
- Experience supporting various handheld devices running
iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Mobile in a corporate environment
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills a
- Good time management skills
- Occasional weekend/after hours work required
MRY - 10 months ago