The Desktop Support Team Lead is the person responsible for the daily operations of the onsite Desktop Support staff of a designated client account. The Desktop Support Team Lead will perform a leadership role over their client support team(s). He/she is responsible for all tasks that directly impact the ability to achieve the target customer satisfaction goals and service delivery. The team leader will play a key role in the continuous improvement of processes and technologies which support the client’s Windows environment. Candidate should be self-efficient with practical experience resolving complex Windows issues and will serve as an escalation (POC) for the Deskside Support Team for issue/problems related to client technology. Candidate will need to build and develop strong relationships with ITS business area clients by providing superior reactive, proactive, and project-based support as demonstrated by clearly owning, resolving and communicating issues and problems. The Desktop Support Team Lead will be responsive to the needs, requirements, and deadlines of the client; and generally practice superior customer service in a professional and trust-building manner.
1. Coordinate Personnel Activity
a. Perform scheduling of Desktop Technicians, including approving vacation requests and obtaining coverage for open shifts and holidays.
b. Perform hiring and termination process when needed with management approval.
c. Perform performance evaluation and disciplinary processes.
d. Coordinate new employee training schedule and assign final work schedule.
e. Monitor MSC technician and on-site analyst performance.
f. Facilitate additional training needed.
g. Provide back-up support for department manager in their absence.
h. Provide support during off-hours for personnel related issues.
2. Service Delivery
a. Respond to routine incoming service requests from the Service Desk via ITSM ticketing system.
b. Perform ticket handling tasks as required to ensure excellent service delivery
c. Quality Assurance
d. Monitor response and resolution times to ensure proper coverage to meet client specific SLA metrics.
e. Enhance the Deskside Support Team’s support skill sets and provide training for the Desktop Technician to learn to support new technologies.
f. Liaison to Project Managers to ensure proper staff assignment and work flow.
g. Work with the Service Account Manager and Service Desk Team Lead to identify support gaps and/or needs.
h. Provide backup client support during off-hours in emergency situations.
a. Compile and submit Monthly Report Card report to management
b. Initiate and coordinate team meetings as needed.
c. Communicate all on-going personnel status to Management
d. Communicate all on-going service delivery issues to Management.
e. Assist Service Account Manager in formulating management reports by providing pertinent information.
f. Attend, conduct and document monthly client status meetings.
g. Compile and review client reports at monthly client status meetings.
4. Process Improvement
a. Work with Service Desk Team Lead to develop and maintain on-going departmental processes and procedures.
b. Lead process improvement projects/teams.
• Strong understanding of Group Policy and Active Directory services.
• Knowledge, experience, and certification in ITIL best practices.
• 5+ years’ experience in Sr. Desktop Support role with Client Architecture responsibilities
• Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manger (SCCM)
• Microsoft Windows Desktop Certification for Windows 7 or equivalent work experience.
• In depth knowledge of Windows Client security configurations and best practices.
• Previous experience in designing, evaluating and implementing solutions for optimizing the clients’ Windows experience.
• Demonstrated experience in a technical team leadership role.
• Strong understanding of support, design and implementation of Windows based technologies.
• College degree or equivalent experience within Information Technology required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various levels within the company.