The Desktop Support Team Lead provides consultation to business area management and staff at the highest technical level for all aspects of end user computing and network-based PC/workstation systems software and hardware.
Position Requirement: Night Shift - (Thurs 8pm-4am, Fri 8pm-4:30am, Sat & Sun 8pm-8am)
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides consultation to business area management and staff at the highest technical level for all aspects of end user computing applications and network-based PC/workstation systems software and hardware, including troubleshooting, repairs, network configurations, installations and upgrades.
2. Provide team management for desktop support or IMAC staff. Monitor your team members daily work log, attendance, and punctuality
3. Monitor helpdesk ticketing system queues such Rapid Response and your teams' support queues and address any issues such as open tickets, undocumented tickets or SLA/outstanding tickets. Make sure tickets get updated daily
4. Provides technical support and guidance to client and systems areas through consulting, teaching and publication of documentation.
5. Act as a liaison between end users and other IT departments if need be. For example, escalation on tickets, projects, or requirements that needs to be resolved in timely a manner and require coordination/communication
6. Provide support for Mount Sinai users in remote sites outside the campus. This might require some local travel
7. Monitors project status from start to completion.
8. Enforce policy and procedures defined by the management team
9. Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all tangible problems and concerns
10. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Microsoft Windows MSCE /CCA/CNA is preferred
Six years of experience of programming and analysis experience in end user computing applications, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in end user computing applications and network-based PC/workstation systems, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Competency in the support of applications software
Competency in the support of computer hardware and networking configuration & troubleshooting
Must have excellent troubleshooting skills with Hardware and software
Advanced knowledge of all Windows Operating Systems like Window XP, and 7
Basic understanding of networking and familiarity with TCP/IP and DHCP
Minimum 6 years' experience in providing computer services, desktop support, training, repairs and/or messaging.
Requires an in-depth knowledge of personal computing and network-based PC/workstation systems, hardware and tools, client functions and applications, including remote connectivity products, some supervisory, management and administrative experience, excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff and vendors. Must be flexible regarding duties and hours to cover and willing to travel to the remote locations within the five boroughs
Mount Sinai Medical Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
Mount Sinai Medical Center--An EEO/AA-D/V Employer.
Mount Sinai Medical Center - 11 months ago
Mount Sinai Medical Center