Supports end-user operating systems, enterprise business applications, and miscellaneous software applications. Supports end-user computing platforms, mobile devices, printing and miscellaneous hardware. Researches and troubleshoots end-user issues and provides documented solutions to those issues. Serves as a primary technical contact for a respective business site and acts as the IT liaison to other departments (or vendors). Responds promptly to alerts and end-user issues, is courteous and knowledgeable, and adheres to departmental standards. Provides desk side and remote technical assistance during and beyond regular business hours. May travel to other business sites to provide additional support or to attend training sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responds to Help Desk tickets, telephone calls, e-mail, and personnel requests for technical support.
• Handles and resolves basic issues.
• Attempts to answer all questions (e.g., common problems and general “how to”).
• Consults with higher level technical support to determine resolution, or transfers unresolved issues to Level 2, Level 3, or a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
• Creates, updates, and resolves all issues within the current issue tracking system.
• Identifies and resolves technical issues and/or researches and recommends effective solutions.
• Ensures a timely resolution and/or escalates non-resolvable issues to higher-level teams.
• Installs, configures, and supports desktops, laptops, virtual workstations, mobile phones, and miscellaneous devices.
• Installs, configures, and supports operating systems, enterprise business applications, and miscellaneous software applications.
• Installs, configures, and supports copiers, fax machines, printers, scanners and miscellaneous peripheral hardware.
• Installs, configures, and supports network connectivity to conference rooms and miscellaneous audio/visual equipment.
• Serves as the IT liaison to consultants, state and county staff, vendors, volunteers, and other health care professionals.
• Assists in the management of asset inventory, hardware lease agreements, service contracts, and vendor support agreements.
• Provides desk side and remote technical assistance to end users.
• Provides desk side and remote technical assistance to end users beyond regular business hours during an emergency or in support of special business projects and initiatives.
• Travels to other business sites to provide additional support or to attend training sessions.
• Adheres to departmental standards and ensures appropriate use of information systems.
• Monitors, and enforces policies and procedures.
• Maintains patient confidentiality, complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and secures all operational data.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a commitment toward customer service
• Minimum knowledge of technology and a basic understanding of supported products - covers installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of products provided those products meet pre-defined standards
• Knowledge of current hardware platforms, mobile devices, and printers
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, iOS and current Microsoft Office versions
• Knowledge of Cisco network products and LAN/WAN hardware administration
• Ability to assess and respond to urgent issues in a competent manor
• Demonstrated desire toward learning new technologies and maintaining industry standards
• Desire toward learning Molina Healthcare’s technology, support policies, and methods
• Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Highly motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collaborate and solve problems
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
• Ability to abide by Molina’s policies and procedures
• Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
• Establishes and maintains positive and effective work relationships with co-workers, clients, members, providers, and customers
• Associate’s Degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience.
• 0 - 2 years in desktop support (or related area)
• Experience with Help Desk issue tracking systems for the assignment, delegation, and/or resolution of end-user issues.
• Experienced using centralized tools, disk imaging, and installing software packages.
• Experienced resolving common Microsoft Outlook issues (e.g., calendar sharing, data migration, email rules, permissions).
• Experienced troubleshooting Active Directory (AD), TCP/IP networks, and common PC applications.
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or A+ certification
• Network+, Microsoft, MCP, MCDST, MCSE
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online. Be sure to let us know you are a current employee by selecting “Molina Employee (current) in the source section of the online application.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V
Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to help Medicaid and...