Earthjustice is the legal backbone for the environment. Founded in 1971, we annually represent nearly 400 non-profit organizations for free in over 250 cases that promote a clean energy future, preserve our natural heritage, and safeguard our health.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earthjustice has nine regional offices, an international program, a legislative team and a communications team. We assemble coalitions that drive broad environmental protection, prevent irretrievable losses, and ensure that environmental laws are put to work. Our experience and distinguished track record enable us to mount strategic and effective campaigns that result in lasting environmental protection.
The Desktop Support Techniciant provides technical support to the organization, manages backups, deploys new systems and leads occasional technology projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide hardware and software support for end-users.
- Install and configure desktop hardware and software and network printers.
- First level support on network issues.
- Take on small projects as appropriate.
- Monitor and maintain all backup systems including physical tapes and cloud storage.
- Contribute to IT knowledgebase (How-To’s and other technical documentation).
- Assist with video conferences and presentations.
- Recommend desktop and laptop configurations.
- Support staff in the adoption and use of technology.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Diversity is highly valued. For full position description and to learn more about Earthjustice, visit earthjustice.org .
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to three years minimum experience in a technical support position at a company with 100 employees or more.
- Solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Office; Microsoft Windows Server; Adobe Acrobat; HP Printers; VOIP Phones; Web Browsers; Symantec Ghost, Antivirus and Backup Exec.
- Experience with Citrix XenAPP/Presentation Server; Citrix XenServer; Shoretel Communicator and/or NetAPP desired.
- Some weekend and off hour work.
- Travel regional offices as needed to deploy systems/train users/resolve issues.
- Attending occasional offsite meetings (some multi-day) to provide technical support.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 30lbs.
- A customer-focused approach to support.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prioritize and communicate with staff.
- Flexibility to work as part of a team, but also independently with minimal supervision.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume along with cover letter to email@example.com . Please include “Desktop Support Technician” in the subject line
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.