About the Job
Teradata Labs Desktop Support Technician
This position will provide desktop support services to a user community of developers, testers and customer services personnel.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Provide technical support to desktop and laptop systems running Windows 7 and XP
• Installs, configures, prepares and troubleshoots desktop systems and workstations in a heterogeneous environment
• Tune and validate Windows systems, troubleshooting and resolving problems and outages
• Orientate users on the best way to utilize PC based resources
• Optimize PC performance by obtaining latest driver releases from different sources
• Support customers with moderate to complex problems through existing service desk
• Be the primary point of contact/support to all desktop related issues
• Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices, to determine appropriate action.
• Manage direct interactions with customers on a daily basis, and deal with tight deadlines based on the criticality of problems reported.
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego).
Skills & Attributes:
• High degree of customer oriented skills
• Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Capable of performing tasks in dynamic/changing situations and, under stress, optimizing availability of system services to users
• Standard Helpdesk procedures and good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to support users remotely
• 5+ years of experience supporting PC based systems in an enterprise environment
• Experience with Windows 7 and Windows XP operating system software
• Experience working with TCP/IP, RDP, remote troubleshooting software
• Experience with Dell Laptop hardware
• Support of Antivirus, Antispyware and other diagnostics utility software
• Support of Microsoft Office applications
• Support of Microsoft Outlook for email
• Support of VPN solutions
• US Permanent Residence
• Providing support in an Engineering R&D environment
• Experience working in ServiceNow service desk
• Use of LANDesk software (Service Now)
• Familiarity with Cisco VOIP phones
To apply either click the "Apply Now" button or go to www.lionbridge.apply2jobs.com and reference job# GES10312
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: LIOX) is a provider of translation, development and testing solutions. Lionbridge combines global resources with proven program management methodologies to serve as an outsource partner throughout a client's product and content lifecycle - from development to translation, testing and maintenance. To learn more, visit http://www.lionbridge.com.
Lionbridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.
Agencies - Lionbridge does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Lionbridge will not be recognized and such agency will have no recourse from Lionbridge.
Lionbridge Technologies wants to be king of the jungle at bridging the language gap. The company offers translation (or localization) of...