Posting Job Title: Desktop Survey Coordinator
Requisition #: 138194BR
Posting Location: Coppell, TX, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas - New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area.
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Desktop Survey Coordinator for our Design & Planning Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete field engineering surveys including OSP design for Aerial/Underground routing of approved Construction projects in relationship to Pre-Design/Pre-field as well as Make Ready/Permitting requirements.
- Determine the scope of work necessary to provide service.
- Review Design considerations for the availability.
- Draw accurate routing conclusions that reflect cost estimate for the availability request.
- Has extensive contact with construction, technical, and drafting personnel.
- Works with building contractors and planners to facilitate cost estimates for both residential, MDU and commercial serviceability requests.
- Perform other duties or responsibilities as required or assigned.
- High School Diploma/Recognized Equivalent or minimum five (5) years of directly related experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of OSP Design specifically to HFC Architecture and Design.
- Must have excellent analytical reporting and analyst skills.
- Project management experience with strong analytical and written/oral reporting skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use tools
- Working knowledge of city and map reading.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
- Knowledge of cable TV design.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ449
Controlling Establishment ID: 00351 - Coppell Canyon
Time Warner Cable - 2 years ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...