SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
SumTotal Systems provides business performance improving products, services and solutions that help customers increase revenues, decrease expenses and reduce operational cycle time. We provide an integrated suite of business performance management applications that help customers deliver, manage and measure learning to solve specific business problems.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our IT infrastructure team. The primary responsibilities of this Desktop Systems Administrator will be answering incoming calls to the Helpdesk, creating and managing support requests, resolve technical problems for end users, and provisioning hardware/software.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Log and manage Help Desk support requests on an ongoing basis.
• Diagnose and resolve level 1-2 technical issues for workstation/laptops, printing, network connectivity, VPN connectivity, email, and antivirus.
• New hire setup and laptop/workstation deployment.
• Coordinate RMA hardware replacement/repair.
• Provide basic administration for network, VPN, and Web conferencing accounts.
• Provide Jr. level server support including file/directory permission management, quotas, and patching.
• MS Office application support for local, remote, and mobile users.
• Provide Video Conferencing setup and administration.
• Administer and support corporate wireless access.
• FTP account administration and general sever maintenance.
• Manage escalations and transfer calls to other support individuals and groups as appropriate.
• Install and configure peripheral equipment (i.e. printers, scanners and hand held devices).
• Track and monitor security of IT assets (track loaned/exchanged/replaced equipment).
• Assist in projects and other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Associates/Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ previous experience supporting end-users in a Help Desk Environment.
• Must have basic understanding of general network trouble shooting
• Detailed understanding of computers, peripherals and various general software products including MS Office / Outlook.
• Microsoft MCSA, MCSE certifications a plus
• Certifications in any Microsoft software a plus
• Citrix experience a plus
• Veritas experience a plus
More about SumTotal: SumTotal Systems is the global leader in strategic human capital management (HCM) software, and offers an integrated line of solutions dedicated to managing companies’ most valuable asset- its people. As the largest and most profitable independent HCM company in the industry and recognized by analysts as the most complete solution, SumTotal is proud to include over half of the Fortune 500 as our customers. We are looking for people who are passionate, dedicated, and motivated by lifelong learning. We provide each employee not just a competitive salary structure, bonuses, and a benefits plan, but also a chance to develop your talent. If you’re creative, forward thinking, and have a passion for excellence, SumTotal is the right place for you. For more information, please check out www.sumtotalsystems.com.
SumTotal Systems is an EEO/AA employer.
SumTotal does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume that is submitted by a search firm or employment agency via our website or our email system will become the property of SumTotal Systems. If you are a preferred vendor, please contact an HR Staffing Representative for resume submission.
Apply To This Job
SumTotal Systems - 20 months ago
A company can't do anything without its employees, and SumTotal Systems offers a total answer for managing a company's Human...