Love to solve complex IT problems and see your contributions in action? We’ve got a position for you in our Managed Services division! Jump-start your career with mindSHIFT Technologies, a dynamic, fast-growing company that will challenge and excite you. mindSHIFT’s Managed Services division focuses on delivering high quality solutions to law firms and has superior expertise and experience in meeting the complex demands of the legal community for the integration of applications such as document management.
Desktop Systems Engineers provide technical design and implementation know-how to create a manageable legal-centric desktop that is based on demanding requirements. Individuals should be talented with a high capacity and desire to learn; be technically strong and able to build and manage a desktop based on Microsoft Software products; have familiarity with industry standard workstation hardware; and have experience working with 3rd party vendor software applications. Troubleshooting and communication skills must be excellent plus the ability to work well with our clients both in person and remotely.
Work Hours: Flexible, often driven by client project requirements.
Essential Technical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, implementation, and support in any three of the following technical areas:
- Windows 7 design, build, and management.
- Desktop/Laptop OS and core image build processing using tools such as MDT, WDS, SCCM, or Altiris.
- Application software installation, customization and distribution to a Windows 7 environment.
- Desktop policy architecture and environment management.
- Support of a custom desktop environment.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure design and implementation.
Experience in the following areas is also desired:
- Working knowledge of essential applications such as Microsoft Office 2007/2010, Adobe.
- Understanding of Group Policies and Preferences.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, and deliver measurable results under designated deadlines and within stated project budgets.
- Demonstrates exceptional troubleshooting skills and techniques.
- Flexible and adapts to a constantly evolving work environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills and is able to resolve issues and determine effective solutions.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel as needed.
- Prior consulting services experience preferred.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field or the equivalent in experience.
- Notable level of computer systems, operating systems and/or application systems certifications.