Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Desktop Systems Specialist 1 at the Safeway Service Desk. This position is located in Deer Valley, Arizona.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for a high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Ensure incidents are properly resolved and / or escalated per defined Service Level Agreements.
• Assist in documenting solutions to resolve customer issue.
• Accurately document troubleshooting procedures to assist with timely resolution of incidents.
• Inform management of incidents, which have a significant business impact.
• Ensure all tickets are properly documented with all troubleshooting procedures.
• Submit suggestions for process and procedure improvements.
• College degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Retail experience desired. Safeway business knowledge a plus.
• Minimum 2 years of Service Desk / Call center experience.
• Proficient with Windows XP and Microsoft Office Suite products.
• Must be dependable and flexible with work schedule.
• Must possess analytical ability and think 'outside the box'.
• Must be well organized and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Must have proven track record of positive performance reliability.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess excellent reasoning and troubleshooting skills.
• Must excel in a high volume production environment with high customer service expectations.
• Must have a strong sense of urgency with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway Corp. - 20 months ago
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...