Job Title: Desktop Systems Technician
Location: Cambridge, MA
Responsible for onsite support of personnel and offices with IT needs in the following areas; laptops, printers, wireless access points, network, switches,file servers and phone systems.
• Review Helpdesk ticketing system daily to ensure support requests are processed in a timely manner
• Troubleshoot hardware and software problems for all laptops, printers and networking devices, including phones and video conferencing systems.
• Perform hardware and software installations and upgrades
• Support maintenance of IT inventory
• End user computer training
• Technical documentation of IT standards, processes and procedures related to Help Desk
• Basic phone system administration and maintenance, including mobile phones.
• 4+ years experience troubleshooting computer hardware and software
• Working knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 active directory and user account management
• Excellent Windows XP, Windows 7 and Macintosh troubleshooting skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Microsoft Exchange and Sharepoint experience a plus
• Certifications in Microsoft or Cisco technologies a plus
• Multilingual skills a plus. English mandatory
• The selected candidate must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment as well as the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
More about Sonos:
In 2002, we set out with a goal – to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our vision was simple - fill every home with music and make listening a valued experience again. We’re making it easy for everybody to listen to the music they love in every room of their home. To hear the songs they love, to discover new music they never knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality.
We’re doing it all over the world – In more than 60 countries, in seven languages through thousands of retailers. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experience – with new products, new software and continually investing in ways to provide our customers the best experience possible. We’re doing what we set out to do. Changing the way people listen to music – one home at a time.
Index Ventures - 14 months ago
Sonos is the developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the digital home. The award-winning Sonos(TM) Digital Music System is...