The strategic combination of Cumberland Farms, Inc. and Gulf Oil Limited Partnership - also known as The Cumberland Gulf Group - is a private, family owned company with a corporate facility conveniently located in Framingham, MA. Cumberland Farms is a well-established convenience retailer. Gulf is a wholesale petroleum and energy supplier, and entered into the retail electricity market in January 2012 with Gulf Electricity. Cumberland Farms has been opening its new concept stores throughout the Northeast since 2009. Last year, The Cumberland Gulf Group ranked in the Top 50 of the Forbes Top 500 Private Companies.
To support our Company’s strategic initiatives and continued growth, we are currently seeking top talent to join our IT Department as a Desktop Technician (9:30am-6pm shift). The Desktop Technician will be responsible for providing first line support to all employees, assisting them with Desktop, Laptop, or peripheral IT hardware and software problems via phone, e-mail, or in person.
Duties include but are not limited to:
line technical support to assist end users in resolving their desktop, laptop, or peripheral IT hardware related issues; maintains smooth operation of all desktop, laptop, and peripheral IT hardware/software the Company uses.
- Allocates more complex requests to the relevant IT Shared Services member, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintains a high degree of customer service for all requests and adheres to all service management principles, with a focus on organizing and prioritizing requests and communicating resolutions, by using the Company’s automated Service Desk and tracking software.
- Assisting desktop engineers with projects to ensure all assigned work across the team is completed on schedule.
- Monitors outstanding requests and communicates with the requestors on a daily basis; reviews and replies to requests in the Service Desk system to keep users informed of the status of their requests.
- Arranges for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house; places service calls to hardware/software vendors to resolve issues quickly.
- Available for on call support during the off hours of 7pm – 7am; available for on call duties during weekend hours on a rotating schedule.
The Cumberland Gulf Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Company will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
- High school diploma and some technical coursework required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Basic understanding of Desktop, Laptop and peripheral IT hardware set-up and configuration.
- Experience using call logging software, preferred. Experience using Outlook within a network environment; previous telephone support experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to understand customer / end-user needs and translate them into technical terms.
- Exhibited troubleshooting and problem solving skills; the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users.
- Solid time management and organizational skills; excellent attention to detail; ability to work well in a team environment.
The goal of Cumberland Farms and Gulf Oil is to provide a workplace that is free from discrimination and harassment. We believe in promoting fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran status, genetic information, or basis protected by statue.
Cumberland Farms - 2 years ago
Did you know that…
There really was a Cumberland Farms. Vasilios and Aphrodite Haseotes bought it in Cumberland, Rhode Island in...