Position : Desktop Technician
Location : North America
Reports to : Regional Information Technology Manager
GroupM, the world’s leading full service media investment management operation, was created by WPP Group to over see its assets in this sector. These assets include Maxus, MediaCom, MEC, Catalyst and MindShare. The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of volume and scale in trading, innovation and quality of services, in order to bring benefit to clients and the companies it operates. Visit our website at www.groupm.com
Provide company employees with timely and knowledgeable support of software, hardware, network, printer and other aspects of technology.
Job / Educational Requirements
Required a four year college degree, two years plus field or related experience.
- End-user support on a variety of issues ranging from software applications to hardware to audio-visual equipment.
- Identify, research, track, monitor and resolve technical problems in a timely manner. Update users on progress of resolution.
- Respond to telephone calls, e-mail and personnel requests for technical support.
- Act as facilitator with vendors and GroupM regional team to resolve technical issues for end-users.
- Configuration, setup and installation of software applications as set forth by vendor and with direction from GroupM regional standards
- Assist end users in training of software applications and use of equipment where applicable
- Participate in installation and configuration of equipment such as projectors, printers, print switches, and may act as remote hands for servers, etc.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of system diagrams and system and user documentation
- Participate in large scale deployment of new hardware & software
- Support proprietary software, such as Donovan Data Systems and other media related applications in use by the company; develops an in-depth knowledge of how they function and their use.
- Apply standards to infrastructure ranging from desktops, servers to networking equipment from GroupM North America and/or GroupM World Wide
- Maintain confidentiality
- Write and speak clearly and concisely in English
- Work well as part of a team, and interacts well with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment
- Conduct business with respect for others
The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual who is a self-starter with excellent communications skills and the ability to handle several tasks at once. The Desktop Technician will be familiar with all aspects of Windows XP Professional, Windows 7, PC administration, Exchange and Lotus Notes email system support. He/She will answer support calls from the user community regarding all PC hardware and software issues. The position also requires on-site presence at the office.
Travel to other locations may be required for IT staff meetings and for assistance with GroupM North America IT projects. While every effort will be made to respect the employee’s privacy and personal time, the position requires accessibility through a mobile or home phone and pro-active checking of e-mails through the blackberry during non-business hours and/or weekends for use in critical situations.
Working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows NT/2000/2003
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VPNs through Checkpoint
GroupM - 2 years ago