• Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PC boxes, including the installation of CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, ribbon cables, hard drives, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
• Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Monitor and complete Salesforce ticket queue workload in a timely manner
• 3+ years working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Windows XP, Windows 7, Lotus Notes 8.5 and higher, and Internet Explorer 8 and higher.
• 3+ years of enterprise desktop software installations and deployments.
• 3+ years hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• 3+ years equipment support experience with printers, smart phones, and projectors.
• 3+ years excellent technical knowledge of PC and Dell/HP desktop hardware, including monitor, cable, keyboard, and mouse.
• 3+ years excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components, including BIOS, hard drive, NIC, modem, and memory.
Other Important Position Attributes
• Certifications in A+ and/or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred but not required.
• Relevant work experience in a mid-to-large desktop enterprise
• Desktop imaging software experience
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer-service orientation.
Horizontal Integration is an Enterprise Web solutions firm. National leading brands turn to us for our expertise with translating and...