This individual will design, coordinate, and project manage the fire sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. He or she will design and create the finished representation for the sprinkler systems using drawing and drafting skills and tools. The drawings produced will be used as a guide by every other link in the chain of construction, both on-site and in the office. This person will have responsibility for the initial planning of a project including scheduling of time, creating material stock listing, analyzing changes, and solving problems. |
The Project Manager/Designer holds overall management responsibility for all aspects of fire protection construction projects from conception through systems functioning as intended. He/she will oversee or conduct scheduling, planning, actual construction, expediting, inspection, quality control, and total delivery of the project according to established criteria. Responsible for tracking, forecasting, and communicating all costs, profits, and financial measures of the project. Through coordination with the site superintendent, this person will organize and manage all the elements involved in construction - labor, temporary and permanent materials, equipment, supplies, utilities, and time.
- Construction Management degree or applicable other degree from a technical school or college
- NICET certification required. Either “In Training”, or NICET Level 1, 2, 3, or 4 certified.
- Demonstrated ability with AutoCAD, AutoSprink, HydraCAD, or other specialized fire sprinkler layout software
- Proven ability and track record of performing work in a timely manner and meeting deadlines
- Three years successful construction industry experience with knowledge of Fire Protection industry
- Supervisory experience
- Three years experience in commercial. industrial, and residential design
- Must be detail-oriented and skilled in free hand and mechanical lettering and drawings
- Ability to coordinate and work well with others
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal
- Ability to regularly travel overnight
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with sub contractors and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project’s sprinkler system
- Through use of analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities
- Create detailed drawings through extensive use of AutoCAD, AutoSprink, or HydraCAD type programs
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project
- Perform hydraulic calculations
- Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work
- Maintain design historical records and historical records for all functions for future use
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting customers’ expectations
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information
- Conduct long range project planning and scheduling
- Monitor and manage projects to comply with safety, quality, productivity, and profitability requirements
- Directly manage field labor force of assigned project to assure maximum productivity
- Track employee hours and crew mix rates for each project
- Ensure proper staffing is in place on each project
- Identify changes in projects that impact cost, schedule, or labor requirements
- Make sure change orders/change estimates are completed in timely manner
- Monitor project billings for accuracy and maintenance of a positive cash flow
- Continually monitor progress of projects; review reports to ensure compliance with schedule and budgetary guidelines
- Assist/lead during field check stage of the project
- Forecast future manpower requirements
- Oversee work of subcontractors
- Ensure work complies with codes and permits
- Administer construction contracts, approve work quality and payment requests
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
APi Group, Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job
Western States Fire Protection has become one of the largest, most respected providers of fire protection systems and services in the...