Receives, processes, documents and monitors all incoming prisoners for the police department or other agencies. Performs required inspections for the jail facility. Responsible for taking certain reports over the telephone or in person. Works with the department computer system to process reports or obtain booking information. Processes non-emergency telephone calls. After hour contact person for the public that comes to the police department.|
Works independently and with police officers to process and monitor jail facility activities. Works under the immediate supervision of the Communications Shift Supervisor. May assume field training PSO responsibilities.
Principle Duties and Assignments
1. Processes all incoming prisoners, including searching the prisoner, inventory of property, taking of photographs and fingerprints, and completion and filing of related reports and documents.
2. Responsible for prisoner needs including feeding on a 24-hour basis according to shift assignment. Other duties include the care of prisoner property and records.
3. Daily notification of the judge on Class C prisoners in custody.
4. Conducts a visual inspection of all prisoners every 30 minutes unless noted to be done more frequently.
5. Conducts daily, weekly, and monthly inspections of the jail facility area. The inspections are for safety, supplies, security, and sanitation.
6. Processes prisoner for release on proper authority.
7. Maintains logs for jail bonds, prisoners processed and released, and prisoners that are transferred to another facility in which a HOLD is placed on them for charges from our department.
8. Obtains prior criminal history information on incoming prisoners.
9. Inquires local law enforcement agencies for any outstanding warrants on prisoners processed in the department jail facility.
10. Takes offense or supplemental reports, close patrols, dark houses (house checks) from the general public.
11. After hour receptionist for the front lobby of the police department, to assist in taking messages, answer questions, escorting guest, or taking bond money.
12. Produces current outstanding warrant list for patrol utilization.
13. Assist communications in answering and processing emergency and non-emergency telephone calls.
14. Assist in the training of new intake operator personnel.
15. Performs other duties, tasks, and assignments as directed.
Texas Municipal League
- 3 years ago - save job