Arapahoe House is currently seeking a Detox Trainee to join our Detox Services team.
This full-time position will work a shift schedule based on business and/or client needs at our Wheat Ridge facility. The Detox Trainee p rovides direct client care to detoxification clients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Interacts with a client population that is actively intoxicated and/or experiencing symptoms of withdrawal.
- Provides guidance, safety, stability and direction to clients.
- Maintains a high level of client confidentiality.
- Identifies emergency signals and situations and reacts appropriately.
- Performs accurate, legal, timely and ethical documentation at all times, including admissions and discharges, inventories and screening of clients’ personal belongings, and charting of all significant interactions with each client.
- Monitors and documents client vital signs, physical condition and behavior as needed.
- Monitors/observes Urinalysis (UA) or Breath Alcohol (BA) tests as needed and documents appropriately.
- Supports other clinical staff as needed.
- Performs computer data entry using Electronic Health Record and Microsoft office product software
- Monitors the facility to insure it is maintained in a neat and orderly manner and that all outside doors remain secured.
- Disposes of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards.
- Practices OSHA safety standards.
- Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling when needed.
- May assist in transporting admitted clients to hospitals, aftercare or other approved services as directed by the Shift Coordinator.
- Completes work in timely manner.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to Arapahoe House Code of Ethics as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Must be sensitive to the diverse cultural and situational needs of the clients in the program.
Certificates and Licenses:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months work experience in behavioral health or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Addiction Counselor I (CAC I) is preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with a driving record that meets agency requirements. Required to submit Motor Vehicle Report at time of hire and annually.
- Registration in the State of Colorado DORA database within 90 days of hire as one of the following approved Addiction Counselor designations: Unlicensed Psychotherapist, Certified Addiction Counselor, or mental health licensure (LAC, LPC, LMFT, LSW or LCSW).
- Basic computer skills, including ability to use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word and to operate a copier, scanner and signature pad. Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- Basic mathematical skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to read and interpret common reports and documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write clinical notes and summaries in prescribed style and format.
- Ability to communicate in both Spanish and English is preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to client discussions or activities.
- The clients in this facility are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and/or experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the individual may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during loading and unloading passengers as well as driving in all weather and light conditions when assisting in the transport of clients.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
Arapahoe House strongly supports internal growth and promotion opportunities.
- The individual must have the ability to repeatedly administer blood pressure assessments and inflate blood pressure cuffs.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House is an equal opportunity employer.
Arapahoe House - 20 months ago