• Infrastructure management (VM provisioning, backups, disk space, Oracle table space management)
• Managed Services and Infrastructure Vendor management
• Linux systems administration (RedHat 64bit; package management, shell scripts, task automation)
• Basic Web application Administration and Application development.
• Basic Database Administration and Application development
• Work closely with engineering groups to design, build, monitor test and scale maintain systems
• Write scripts and tools to monitor and automate processes and administration tasks as required.
• Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network
• Document current and future configuration processes and policies
• Take part in a 24x7 on call rotation
• Build and manage the automated deployment and configuration of highly available web applications
• Establish quality management processes, define support levels from key suppliers.
• 4+ years of experience with Linux/Unix/BSD administration
• 3+ years of experience with WebApplication Development with Oracle or NoSQL DB's
• Experience working with CI tools such as Hudson/Jenkins
• Experience with large scale automated installation, configuration and deployment methods.
• Practical knowledge of Shell, Python or similar scripting languages.
• Good understanding of basic network protocols.
• Proficiency with source control. (git, svn)
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
• Proficiency with SQL and/or PLSQL for db reporting and troubleshooting.
• Web Administration experience including Apache/Nginx and Firewall configuration.
Nice to have:
• Experience with a configuration management software. (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine)
• Experience building fault tolerant, scalable cloud data management web services.
• Experience with existing open source projects such as Storm, Apache, Hadoop, Scribe, Zookeeper, etc
• Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, storage, and memcache.
• Experience conducting compliance and security audits in a regulated domain. (e.g financial services)
• HIPAA compliance.
• Oracle DBA Experience including table space management and high availability distributed configurations.
• Experience using Scrum or similar agile methodologies.
• Java development experience.
• Direct experience in debugging of server systems or subsystems.
BSc Computer Science or Equivalent
Proteus Digital Health - 20 months ago