Famigo is a startup company based out of the Austin Technology Incubator. We're a small team of highly dedicated people, and we're all passionate about everything Famigo. It's our mission to make mobile technology work for families.
We currently need a motivated person to help deploy and monitor the backend production systems responsible for the Famigo Sandbox platform. We are always pushing the limits on how the Sandbox helps families, so it is constantly evolving.
You would be automating the administration of Linux servers in an EC2 environment, including but not limited to: bare-metal provisioning, installation, software packaging, service configuration, and instrumenting for alerts and alarms. Development of command-line and web-based tools in support of internal management, support and operational processes. Research, installation and configuration engineering for a multitude of 3rd party tools and services for integration into the Cloud Gaming Service as needed. Work closely with QA, Support and Operations teams to support service upgrades and deployments as needed
There's a huge opportunity for a smart self-starter to make a difference within this company and an equally outsized opportunity to learn the mobile technology business from a highly knowledgeable team. The right candidate will have plenty of room to grow within a rapidly expanding company.
- 5+ years programming experience with scripting languages, specifically Python
- Experience in the use of Git and integration of Git into engineering nd operational work-flows
- Expert in writing software, packaging it, and deploying it into a fully automated environment.
- Expert in the deployment of web-sites and web-based services into a production environment
- Expert in Linux administration
- Proficient in evaluating software & hardware for deployment in a production environment
- Proficient in the use and deployment of administration automation technologies, e.g. Puppet and Chef
- Proficient in the use and deployment of databases, PostgreSQL & MongoDB experience is preferred
- Proficient in building command-line tools
- Familiar with big data processing frameworks, e.g. Hadoop
- A passion for great user experiences across users of all ages
- Incredible work ethic
- The desire to produce great code
- Sense of humor
- Appetite for tacos
- Experience with jenkins
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data sctructures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Experience with Android development
- Expereicne with iOS development
Competitive salary + equity + benefits.
If you're interested, submit an application along with some samples of your work.
Famigo - 23 months ago
Famigo will never, never distribute your information without your direct permission.
We made this promise and all of Famigo's Promises...