Our Direct Client is looking for a Development Operations Development Engineer. The candidate will be responsible participating in an operations and maintenance activity supporting Agile software development efforts.
The candidate should have good analytical skills to troubleshoot problems that arise in the (WebLogic Server (WLS) environment. Prior experience with DevOps and prior experience as a Java developer are desirable.
The applications supported by this individual will be developed using Java with an Oracle database backend and Oracle WebLogic and JBOSS application servers.
Duties of this position include:
- Development of Operations & Maintenance (O&M) fixes for reported problems
- Supporting triage and troubleshooting of Oracle WebLogic or JBOSS application servers
- Configuration of, or updates to configuration, for Oracle WebLogic or JBOSS application servers
- On-call support for calls after normal business
- Troubleshooting of message pathways to provide actionable analysis of whether a problem is potentially an infrastructure issue, a network issue, a vendor software issue or an actual application bug
- Communication skills to adequately convey analysis and status of critical issues
- Providing recommendations on realistic solutions for issues escalated in a production environment to ensure customers are running smoothly in the shortest amount of time possible
- Analysis and execution of proactive actions based upon alerting and monitoring before concerns become critical problems
- Working across teams to coordinate troubleshooting and resolution of issues
- Developing proactive system or smoke tests for a production environment to allow for regular interval system checks
- Working with peer developers on O&M bug fixes and incorporation of JUnit tests and other automated tests to reduce likelihood of reported errors re-occurring in future releases
- Recommending and working to develop strategies to manage performance within acceptable thresholds
- Documenting procedures for teams to standardize Development Operations activities across a large program
- Participating in system deployments, upgrades, and patches
- Participating in the evaluation and implementation of best practices for high availability, including fail-overs, rolling bounces, F5 load balancing, etc.
- Must have experience with WebLogic Server (WLS) installation, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with Unix
- Must have prior Development Operations (DevOps) or Operations and Maintenance (O&M) experience
- Must have some experience with development and Java in so far as to be able to perform some O&M bug fixes, support developers who use those languages, and to develop small support applications to streamline day to day operations
- Must have experience in supporting enterprise mission critical applications through a high availability WLS architecture which exploits Coherence-based clustering and workload distribution
- 3-5 years of experience in WebLogic Server Administration and some applications development/support within a large organization
EDUCATION: B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study
- Professional consulting experience and background required (federal government experience is a plus)
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation experience
- Must be a team player and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have a B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study and be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be fully competent to work under general direction on complex projects usually on specific assigned projects, issues and problems. Several projects will usually be active at the same time, so the ability to multitask is essential to success for this position
CITIZENSHIP: United States Citizenship is required
CLEARANCE: The ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
We are committed to excellence, and we are passionate about technology. We have high standards for our people and, in turn, we offer a work environment that fosters the same.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or recruiting @gtpartners.biz
GTP, Inc. - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard