Change.org is the world's largest petition platform, empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see. A certified B corporation, Change.org is the world’s fastest growing online platform for social change, with more than 30 million Change.org users in 196 countries.
Every day people use our tools to transform their communities – locally, nationally and globally. Whether it's a mother fighting bullying in her daughter's school, customers pressing banks to drop unfair fees, or citizens holding corrupt officials to account, thousands of campaigns have won on Change.org – and more are winning every week.
The DevOps Engineer will:
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Be responsible for day-to-day management of Infrastructure engineering, development operations, and quality engineering.
- Ensure the quality and scalability of code that gets deployed to production using a variety of test automation tools.
- Build a world-class team of systems engineers, quality engineers, and support engineers in order to achieve “four nines” uptimes.
- Deploy an international team of site-reliability engineers to support 24x7 operations of the Change.org platform.
- Collaborate with the Architecture and Web Engineering teams every day.
- Take ownership of expanded data center and operations needs as our platform evolves.
- 5+ years hands-on management experience, including managing first-level managers and people in technical leadership roles.
- A proven track record for scaling extremely high-volume consumer-web platforms.
- Experience managing cloud deployment of N-tier applications built on modern web platform technologies like Ruby / Rails, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Familiarity with Cassandra, HBase, Riak, or other web-scale data stores.
- Knowledge with SOA architecture and deployment.
- Experience managing operations in heterogeneous environments spanning multiple systems, programming languages, and back-end data stores.
- Ability to independently prioritize work and implement resolution plans quickly without oversight.
Change.org is an exceptionally fast-paced agile and collaborative work environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our members. We expect you to be the same.
- Competitive salary, health care, and benefits
- Window-filled office in Potrero Hill, San Francisco's design district
- Catered meals, snacks, and drinks — and we’re across the street from Whole Foods
- Work-life balance (e.g. remote working, happy hours, and Settlers tournaments)
- Most rad co-workers you’ll ever have
- Dog-friendly workspace (meet our four-legged friends Kentucky and Carl)
- Satisfaction of good and meaningful work
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We are working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We're just getting started, and we hope you'll join us.
Change.org - 30+ days ago