Our Client located near Lake Success, NY needs 2 DevOps Engineers to works as part of their Engineering organization, combining responsibilities across web development, continuous integration, automation, systems provisioning, debugging software bugs, and working with the deployment team in a collaborative Agile environment for large complex web enterprise applications. Client is open to Full Time, Right to Hire, or Contractors.
- Being a key member of the cloud engineering team that implements and runs high performance and highly available services.
- Further optimize the efficiency and availability of our Client’s cloud services.
- Define, implement and integrate automated system installation/configuration procedures in a Linux and cloud services environment
- Assist with Cloud/SaaS and Linux based IT support for our engineers, analysts, and project managers.
- Implement and deploy scripts/tools to facilitate error free and repeatable software deployment processes
- Create great web and automation tools
- Scripting (preferably Python and/or Bash) for automation on the web
- Assist with functional and object oriented web development as needed
- Continuous software integration
- System provisioning for application development
- Troubleshooting and resolving software (written in Python) bug issues
- Facilitate software deployment and releases.
- Full engineering life-cycle of projects including; requirements design, technical design, task estimation, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment.
- Effectively and frequently communicates with team members to ensure rapid iteration and highly efficient development.
Preferred but not required:
- 3+ years professional experience with respect to system administration related functions and development on Linux
- 2+ years professional experience with production deployments using Amazon Web Services
- 2+ years professional experience with network administration and services
- 1+ years professional experience managing corporate use of SaaS products
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer Systems, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Python (Django or SQL Alchemy)
- Chef Software
- Puppet Software
Monster - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard -