Job Overview & Purpose:
Explorys is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Operations Engineer to build new tools, improve existing tools and automate away all manual process related to building and maintaining our Cloud Infrastructure. The candidate will help Explorys transform its ever-expanding infrastructure with the most modern DevOps style approaches using open source software.
You are an excellent coder (Ruby, Python, Perl etc.) who loves to improve everything they touch. You have a passion for automating away manual processes along with a strong desire to produce quality user-friendly interfaces.
You are someone who is highly autonomous, very detail oriented and possesses very strong written & verbal communication skills. You understand the contribution great documentation means to a fast paced team. Most of all you have a passion for technology along with a desire to be the best at your job every day.
- Researching, designing and creating new programs/software
- Identifying areas of operational pain and automating them away
- Building new tools based on our internal customers requirements
- Adding features & enhancements to existing code base
- Building great relationships with internal teams
- Automating performance tests and defining metrics to help refine existing processes
- Educating & mentoring any potential upcoming coders within the team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required & Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required, in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
- Whether you are a Software Engineer, Systems Administrator, or Network Administrator, if you have the skills we are open to fresh college graduates as well as 10-year IT veterans
- Exhibit in-depth software development knowledge in scripted languages (Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, etc)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Fabric, MCollective, Capistrano and/or related technologies) is a plus
- Possess build automation skills (Maven, Any/Ivy, Jenkins, Rundeck, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, UNIX systems administration
- Foundational understanding of TCP/IP network protocols
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Show meticulous attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Have a strong desire to continuously improve
- The ability to approach problems in a flexible and creative manner
- Effective time management skills are a must. Moving fast doesn’t mean quality suffers!
- Ability to thrive and successfully work in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Embody and align with the organization’s core values: Ethics, Accountability, and Empowerment
Explorys provides a secure software platform that allows healthcare systems to aggregate, analyze, manage, and research their BIG DATA to provide better patient care in a rapidly changing healthcare market.
Explorys was founded in 2009 as an innovation spinoff from Cleveland Clinic. Originally inspired by physicians and informatics leaders, Explorys combines the most powerful healthcare computing platform in the world with solutions for clinical integration, at-risk population management, cost of care measurement, and pay-for-performance.
Explorys’ healthcare customers include some of the most prominent healthcare systems in the United States, together accounting for over $52 billion in care.
In short, we live on the leading edge! Our environment is fast moving, high energy, fun, and we are growing quickly! To learn more, visit http://www.explorys.com
Explorys, Inc. - 17 months ago