You believe you can automate everything. You have an insatiable craving for making applications more consistent and reliable over time. You are a self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and problem ownership who can commit to driving issues to completion. You can balance multiple tasks. You love to build tools that enable a whole organization to rapidly produce software products and services.
Lyft is solving some incredibly interesting bleeding-edge technology problems right now. We have a passionate user base that simultaneously expects reliability and creativity. To support our rapid growth we are building a computing platform providing a reliable service while enabling rapid product iterations.
- Engineering and maintaining the platform that runs all the Lyft services
- Building cloud automation and internal tools to support developers deploying, running and monitoring individual Lyft services
- Championing best practices for building reliable services
- Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers
- Participating in the 24x7 on-call rotation
- 3+ years of relevant IT operations and software development experience
- Built and ran a reliable platform delivering a 24x7 service using IaaS products
- Designed and implemented tools to support developers shiping code to production
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a startup environment
- UNIX systems administration including solid scripting skills in Shell, Python, Perl, or PHP
- Experience with configuration management systems (puppet, cfengine, chef)
- Building and running REST web micro services on the AWS platform
- Contributions to open source projects
- Passion for sustainability and/or transportation
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
Lyft - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Lyft is your friend with a car. Drivers are matched with passengers who request rides through the Lyft iPhone or Android app. Drivers are...