Apex Clearing Corporation, a division of PEAK6 Investments, is a leading independent provider of execution, clearing, settlement and technology services to the global financial services industry, serving over 100 correspondents and one million customer accounts.
The DevOps Engineer role will focus on building and supporting APEX's execution and trade clearing systems. The ideal candidate will have extensive software development experience with a heavy emphasis on continuous integration and real-time production monitoring. They should feel equally comfortable building a simple software app from scratch; wiring-up build, deploy and workflow systems; developing automated tests; or supporting running systems. The ideal candidate will know how to use the right tool for the job, whether it's something they already know or something they have to pick up. Interest in emerging technologies is required.
APEX takes great pride in the mentorship and development it provides to its engineers. DevOps engineers are expected to embrace this role and should exhibit consonant qualities. The ideal candidate will be comfortable pair-programming, facilitating code and design reviews and leading technical discussions in a 'class-room' setting. Additionally, APEX believes in the profound impact that's possible when teams of like-minded individuals set their sights on a common goal. Potential employees should understand the importance of teamwork and must be willing to work with their peers for the betterment of the firm.
The APEX tech team is responsible for APEX's execution, risk-management and trade clearing technology. We build real-time, always-on market tools that facilitate an automated approach to trade execution and clearing. The APEX tech team prides itself on the quality of its product and its team-based approach to solving technical problems. New team members are expected to fully embrace our collaborative culture and commit fully to building the best trading and clearing platforms on the street.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
• Developing custom, real-time monitoring solutions
• Interfacing with developers to automate build and deploy systems
• Conducting statistical analyses of running systems to ensure process control
• Degree in CS
• Substantial scripting experience (Ruby, Python or Groovy)
• Deep familiarity with both the Linux and Mac ecosystems
• Knowledge of emerging technologies such as NoSQL, web sockets and big data
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Relentless drive to improve oneself and one's technical capabilities
• Ability to get things done with little direct oversight
PEAK6 is a financial institution founded on one simple notion - there has to be a better way. By asking the tough questions, and...