Quad Analytix is an exciting, early stage data and SaaS startup in the Bay Area-CA, focused on harnessing e-commerce information gathered from a variety of sources to normalize, analyze and create insights that are visualized by our customers to enable them to do their job more effectively.
If you are proficient at provisioning and managing Infrastructure in the context of Big-Data Analytics Application - that runs like clock-work with good automation and scale characteristics, want an opportunity to learn and grow with our company, and are excited about seeing your work directly impact the entire business, Quad could be a great fit for you. We have an exciting environment with smart, down-to-earth people that enjoy having fun while working together.
• Work with a Platform Director in terms of designing, building and provisioning Physical Infrastructure (Compute-Machines, Database-Machines, Networks, Storage etc.)
• Build tools to automate infrastructure provisioning, scaling and alerting.
• Continuously extend and improve infrastructure components to handle growth
• Monitor and improve service performance and stability.
• Investigate failures.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that software is designed with "operational ease" in mind. Assist our software engineering team to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications before going to production.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master of Linux Amazon Linux/CentOS/Redhat.
• Master of Cloud Based Provisioning and Familiarity with Hosted Infrastructure:
o AWS based Provisioning (AMIs, EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Security Groups, VPC, ELB).
o Knowledge of other Cloud Implementations and Hybrid Private/Public implementations.
• Master of Infrastructure Provisioning and Management Automation:
o Very skilled with Puppet.
o Master of Bash. Scripting with other shell along with at least one of : Perl, Python, Ruby, is nice to have.
o Very good with Configuration and automation of Nagios and Ganglia.
• Big Data Skills:
o Good familiarity administering Mongo, Apache Hadoop and HBase.
• SysAdmin/Network Admin Skills:
o Good knowledge of Software RAID, mdadm, cron, rsync, backup methodologies.
o Add: Good knowledge of rsync and backup methodologiesGood System Administration and Network Administration skills along with knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS (Bind), NFS, SSH Tunnelling, VPN
o VMWare Virtualization.
• Build and Release Management:
o Knowledge of Git, BitBucket, Bamboo and Continuous Integration/Release Automation.
• Have worked with Scrum/Agile Methodology.
• 2+ years supporting a mission critical online or SaaS application and a Computer Science Degree preferred.
• Ability to build strong relationships with Developers.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively independently and in teams (both local and distributed).
• Intellectually curious, with passion for learning and growing professionally
• Strong work ethic and proactive approach to problem solving
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, show initiative, and respond quickly in a fast paced environment
• Enjoy having fun at work, and desire to collaborate with smart, humble people every day