Quad Analytix is an exciting early stage data and SaaS startup in the Bay Area-CA, focused on harnessing e-commerce information gathered from a variety of sources to normalize, analyze, and create insights that are visualized by our customers to enable them to do their job more effectively.
If you are proficient at provisioning and managing infrastructure in the context of Big-Data Analytics Applications - that run like clock-work with good automation and scale characteristics, want an opportunity to learn and grow with our company, and are excited about seeing your work directly impact the entire business, Quad could be a great fit for you. We have an exciting environment with smart, down-to-earth people that enjoy having fun while working together.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work with a Platform Director in terms of designing, building and provisioning Physical Infrastructure (Compute-Machines, Database-Machines, Networks, Storage, etc.)
- Build tools to automate infrastructure provisioning, scaling, log management, monitoring and alerting.
- Continuosly extend and improve infrastructure components to handle growth.
- Monitor and improve service performance and stability.
- Investigate failures.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that software is designed with "operational ease" in mind. Assist our software engineering team to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into the applications before going to production.
- Expert Amazon Linux/CentOS/Redhat System Administrator.
- Expert in Cloud Based Provisioning and Familiarity with Hosted infrastructure:
- AWS based Provisioning (AMIs, EC2, S3 EBS, RDS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation, Network ACLs, Security Groups, VPC, ELB, Route53).
- Knowledge of other Cloud Implementations and Hybrid Private/Public implementations.
- Expert in Infrastructure Provisioning:
- Puppet and MCollective based automation.
- Expert in bash scripting with at least one of: Perl, Python, Rub.
- Expert in Monitoring/Management:
- Very good with Metrics Collection and Monitoring/Alerting via Ganglia and Nagios.
- Prior experience with implementing effecgtive Log Management solutions and making logs accessible via ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- SysAdmin/Network Admin Skills:
- Good knowledge of Softward RAID, mdadm, cron, rsync, backup methodologies
- System Administration and Network Administration skills along with knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS (Bind), NFS, SSH Tunnelling, VPN
- VMWare Virtualization.
- 5+ years supporting a mission critical online or SaaS application as part of a Devops Team or an Ops Team as a SysAdmin or Network Admin.
- Big Data Skills are desirable:
- Good familiarity administering Mongo, Apache Hadoop and HBase.
- Build and Release Management is desirable:
- Knowledge of Git, BitBucket, Bamboo and Continuous Integration/Release Automation.
- Have worked with Scrum/Agile Methodology.
- Computer Science Degree preferred.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Developers and be able to articulate infrastructure issues well.
- Strong oral and written commuication skills and ability to work effectively independently and in teams (both local and distributed).
- Intellectually curious, with passion for learning and growing professionally.
- Strong work ethic and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, show initiative, and respond quickly in a fast paced environment.
- Enjoy having fun at work and desire to collaborate with smart, humble people every day.