TuneIn is hiring a DevOps lead to spearhead a new team here at TuneIn. Our ideal candidate is truly a Jack (or Jill) of all trades and has a passion for technology. Your team is the glue between the infrastructure and development teams, providing services that keep our developers efficient, our infrastructure scaling, and our millions of users happy. The devops lead is part of the overall Techops team here at TuneIn and are elbows deep in our platform along with the infrastructure team. As it grows, the devops team will own our orchestration, automation, monitoring and reporting for our cloud and VMWare environments. It doesn't hurt that you'll work from our beautiful offices in downtown Palo Alto.
How you Succeed Here:
What you bring to the table:
- You spot performance and reliability issues before anyone else - you care about 5 9s
- You have a deep and abiding desire to learn new things.
- You quickly learn new tech at an operational level, whether it's hadoop or powershell or nodeJS
- You want to automate all the things.
- You are tenacious.
- You communicate early and often and aren't afraid to ask questions
- You mentor and assist in planning team growth to support a diverse and complex technology ecosystem.
- 3+ years experience scripting experience with tools like java, python, perl, ruby, ant, and maven.
- 2+ years experience in cloud technologies.
- At least 1 years of experience in orchestration and automation; chef, puppet, CLI scripts, etc.
- At least 1 year in a technical lead role.
- A strong background with web technologies; ruby, passenger, nginx, IIS, .Net
- Experience maintaining and working with Platform-As-A-Service mentality.
- A collaborative nature, an easygoing personality, and a naturally inquisitive mind
- Unparalleled Google-fu.