ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organizations with ambitious missions – whether they’re in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed.
By joining ThoughtWorks, you join a diverse community of bright individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change. In our 20th year, over 2300 ThoughtWorkers are currently serving clients from offices across 11 countries.
We're seeking passionate technologists, regardless of background to work with us. We want hackers, philosophers, activists – courageous people with good hearts and creative approaches to problem-solving.
As a DevOps consultant, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Learn something new everyday
- Travel the world
- Speak at conferences
- Write blogs and books
- Start new offices in places you’ve never been before
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Understand the needs and challenges of a client that span development and operations, and partner to formulate solutions that support their business and technical strategies and goals.
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Develop solutions encompassing technology, process, people, and practice for:
- Build and release management
- Infrastructure strategy & operations
- Operations service delivery and support
- IT organizational structure and responsibilities
- Business continuity
- Provide technical leadership across all areas of the build, release and operations, to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions
- Build the DevOps practice within ThoughtWorks
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team
- Create and support sales activities
- Maintaining strong hands-on expertise and knowledge of current and emerging processes, techniques and tools
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role. Most of our consultants travel every week and fly home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
- Extensive experience in IT, leading Operations and Development teams
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Strong technical foundation in:
- Linux and/or Windows
- virtualization (VMWare, Xen, KVM, VirtualBox, etc)
- cloud computing (AWS, Google App Engine, Rackspace Cloud, etc)
- infrastructure automation (Chef, Puppet, etc)
- build tools (Ant, NAnt, MSBuild, Rake, GNU Make, etc)
- continuous integration tools (Cruise, TeamCity, Hudson, etc)
- SCM tools (SVN, Git, Perforce, Mercurial, etc)
- scripting languages (Shell, Ruby/JRuby, Perl, Python, PowerShell, etc)
- application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server, etc)
- Awareness of ITIL/COBIT
- Collaborative, team focus and great communication skills. We aren’t grumpy systems administrators who only venture out for a Star Trek convention ;-)
Our North America offices are in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Toronto. Relocation isn't necessary if you live in one of these cities. If you live elsewhere, please let us know to which one you are willing to relocate to.
How to apply
If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges every day, then apply here.
ThoughtWorks - 6 months ago