The Developer (JAVA) with minimal supervision will produce and test reports with SQL Report writer as well as maintain applications in a selected programming language or environments while planning, designing and programming functionality to interface and use SQL Server in coordination with the Database Administrator. Additionally investigating, identifying and resolving code issues logged internally by the QA team and externally by the clients through Technical Support will be a part of the developer’s ongoing responsibility. The developer should have strong SQL skills and a thorough understanding and knowledge of software development life-cycle.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS)’s ESDO manages multiple, unrelated IT projects in the design, development, testing and staging phases. ESDO seeks to provide innovative business solutions, lower costs through shared services, and reduce the time spent marketing for new capabilities. As the foundation for customer-centric service delivery, ESDO establishes a secure utility computing environment where innovation, re-use, and quality are core principles. DHS has identified several requirements for new business applications that will support improved integration and overall efficiency of HQ’s business units. Additionally, DHS needs to modernize several of its existing business applications to migrate off unsupported platforms and improve the efficiency of application delivery functions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- With minimal supervision and assistance, designing and developing documents and tests, as well as maintaining applications in a selected programming language or environments
- Planning, designing and programming functionality to interface and use SQL Server in coordination with the Database Administrator
- Investigating, identifying and resolving code issues logged internally by our QA team and externally by our Clients through Technical Support
- Staying current with associated technology advances in the marketplace and growing skills
- Troubleshooting and resolving application issues
Required Education & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL ReportWriter, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle
- Agile – (IBM) skills
- MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance certification is a plus.
- Candidate must be U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to achieve DHS Suitability requirements