PURPOSE of POSITION:
A key member in the Information Technology organization which is responsible for the development and support of software applications. The Senior Developer\Analyst will have a key role in mentoring staff members and communicating with the business community.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Coding of front end user interfaces (GUI) for new software functionality\ applications and/or the modification of existing software functionality\applications. This will entail the review and understanding of project scope, requirements, project design and the I.T. development life cycle. The Senior D/A will also be required to perform code reviews.
Support (issue resolution) of existing software applications. Any newly created or modified applications will require support time to correct software bugs. The developer will need to respond quickly to critical issues.
Analysis (scope and requirements) and Design. At the Senior D\A position, the individual will also have involvement with requirements gathering, documenting requirements and design creation. This may include leading (guiding and mentoring) a team of developers in the design phase.
The Senior D\A will be required to communicate with business users regarding requirements, design reviews and prototype presentations.
Coaching\mentoring of staff members. The Senior D\A will have the responsibility of assisting other team members in the understanding of processes and technologies.
Additional supporting information:
* Will provide technical design for projects.
* Provide technical assistance with environment setup\configuration.
* Provide guidance regarding tech-related processes such as development builds, testing, etc.
* Liaison for information\direction regarding process or technical changes within the organization (i.e.: build procedures, coding standards, etc).
* Review prototypes.
* Provide technical and process mentoring.
* Perform code reviews.
* Estimate project work. Review project estimates of team members.
* Design and estimation for pre-governance TSR work.
* Assist Project Manager in finalizing project schedule.
* Could be involved with several projects at one time in regards to design and support.
* Will NOT manage people.
* Develop technical direction for the project and ensure technical quality of the code delivered.
NetJets is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Course of Study/Major: Information Systems or Computer Science
Related Work Experience: 6-8 years
* Excellent knowledge and considerable development experience with one or more of the following:
- .Net framework
- Struts (JSTL experience a plus)
- Knowledge of JQuery
- Visual Basic 6
* Considerable experience with the following tools\technologies or equivalent:
- Clear Case - source code version control
- RMI protocol
- Visual Studio Developer
- PL/SQL Developer
- JUnit Test framework
- Model View Controller (MVC)
* Experience with Weblogic and Websphere (preferred) application servers.
* Knowledge of relational database structure and design. Experience with Oracle databases is preferred.
* Ability to create and modify SQL queries.
* Understanding of software development lifecycles\methodologies (Rational Rose.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Excellent skills and considerable experience with analyzing requirements and developing application designs.
* Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist other team members with the estimation process.
* Experience in interfacing with business users.
* Ability and experience in mentoring\developing staff members.
* Assign and monitor tasks.
* Experience with Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point)
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Exhibit high degree of self management
NetJets - 19 months ago
A major global fractional aircraft ownership company, NetJets flies to 170 countries and operates more than 650 planes co-owned by its...