The primary purpose of this role is to create or modify average to very complex computer programs in support of the Exel Supply Chain business.
The individual will be very familiar with the functionality of the software and the database structure as to provide fast and efficient site support when problem resolution does not involve software modification.
Role may also include the support of 3
Party Supply Chain Application Software packages and the integration of these packages into the overall Exel application environment.
Performs analysis, cost estimating, and generation of technical documentation including requirements, gap analysis, high and low level design documents, cost models, and project plans.
Compiles and publishes
team standards of programming and development methodology.
Attends status meetings and works with team members from other departments to co-ordinate activities and clarify objectives.
Detailed Job Description
This role provides high quality technical delivery to the Exel Supply Chain business as it relates to Systems Development and Support of Exel-developed applications and 3
party application package systems.
Critical activities include:
Create or modify computer programs to specification on time and budget in a quality manner.
Resolve Production Incidents as assigned in a timely fashion.
Validate and compile
estimates into cost models.
Achieve customer satisfaction through individual and team effort.
Little supervision required from a more senior systems leader.
On-call pager rotation duty to provide off-hours support.
Generate program specifications from design documents.
functional requirements, gap analysis, and design documents.
Role works in a matrixed IT organizations requiring communications and interactions with other teams including Business Unit IT Project Management, Business Systems Analysts, QA, Application Integration, DBA and Production Support.
Role accepts considerable responsibility for project success; effective ability to assist others in the completion of assignments through knowledge sharing, effective ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; effective knowledge of Exels business applications and business processes including both third party and in-house developed applications.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field.
- 3 - 6 years of progressive experience in an IT environment.
- 2 - 4 years of programming experience in application development and/or support
- Good working knowledge of Unix.
- Good working knowledge of SQL.
- Good working knowledge of personal computers and standard desktop programs such as word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of Warehousing and Distribution a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface with internal partners.
- Must be detail oriented and committed to deadlines
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Exel - 16 months ago
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...