The Developer II position is responsible for effective software systems analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of Fidelis Care New York software applications. Additional responsibilities may include coding, debugging, testing and installation of software releases in collaboration with a team comprised from IT and other related departments as necessary. This role will ensure that software systems are properly integrated to support business goals and objectives. This position will gain an understanding of business processes and procedures at FCNY. The Developer II will help the Corporation use information systems to gain a competitive advantage and will act in a technical project leadership role.
- Minimum two-year college degree in Information Systems or related field preferred. A four-year degree in Information Systems or related field is highly desirable.
- Expected 3-5 years professional Information System experience.
- Demonstrated information technology and SDLC concept knowledge
- Web Service, J Query, and Source Control experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of programming languages and tools.
- Demonstrated programming skills, and basic understanding of design concepts.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented multi-tasker able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with supervision.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and/or problem solving skills are a must.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are necessary to meet team collaboration and programming documentation standards.
- Exhibits professional demeanor and interpersonal skills
- Code, document, test, debug, maintain and implement programs from provided specifications.
- Create detailed design specifications which may be assigned to other resources.
- Respond to emergency maintenance situations based upon application knowledge.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for newly proposed functionality/enhancements.
Fidelis Care - 18 months ago
From humble beginnings in a 14-zip code area of Brooklyn in 1993, to presence in all 62 counties of New York State today, Fidelis Care's...