- Developers (DEVs) are responsible for the detail design
documentation, development, evaluation and system performance testing, unit testing
and maintenance of internally developed and externally purchased applications
created for the company's business partners.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments, i.e., Security, Database Administrators, etc., to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides scope, sizing and estimates time required to complete code and provides this information to the project manager for input to the project plan. Determines impacts and integration points. May participate in capacity planning with project manager or functional manager
- Translates specification document requirements into code. Creates or modifies code for moderately complex system design that may span platforms. Ensures code complies with company's architectural and SDLC standards. Writes scripts to run programs
- Creates application design specification documents from which code will be written. Interfaces with external vendors and customers through crosswalk mapping with different and often complex architecture
- Perform Unit Testing and Prepare Application for Release to Testing Team. Analyze Defects Found in Testing and Fix Coding Errors
- Coordinate Activities with Others on All Phases of SDLC
- Assist with Production Support issues/problems as required. Respond to and resolve production support issues
Visual Solutions Inc., a nationally recognized, robust Staff Augmentation and Information Technology (IT) solutions provider, provides training, enterprise level consulting and information technology support specializing in services for federal and state Government agencies and commercial clients. Since 1995, VSI has consistently delivered excellence and expertise in the latest technology solutions to many Fortune 500 businesses, government agencies, the military, and educational institutions. Our corporate headquarters are in Jacksonville, Florida with nationwide service locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent work experience
4 or more years’ experience coding and documentation protocol as well as unit testing, change management and release procedures
Solid working knowledge and experience of System Development Life Cycle, product development methodologies, database methodologies and system integration
- Demonstrated solid knowledge and experience with:
- Progamming using PL/SQL, ASP.NET, .NET, C#, ColdFusion, VBScript, PowerBuilder, VBA and VB languages
- SQL or similar query language for SQL/Server, DB2 or UDB
- Imaging/OCR development
- XML (including schemas)
- XSLT (style sheets)
- Web Services / WSDL
- Versioning tools (Rational Clear case, TFS)
- Standard desktop applications such as MS Office Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
If this position appeals to you, send your resume to:
Visual Solutions Inc.
Focus on Excellence
VSI was founded in 1995 to provide robust IT solutions to companies ranging from small businesses to...