The Role |
We are seeking an innovative and digitally savvy developer evangelist to own App Annie°s developer-focused marketing programs globally for its range of analytics products. You°ll be charged with growing the awareness and penetration of App Annie°s products through content, community, educational, social and interactive programs both online and offline, cementing App Annie°s position as the leading company in the app developer analytics space. From makers of game apps to fashion apps, utility apps to video apps, you°ll be responsible to make sure they°re fully engaged with everything App Annie so that they°re spreading the word to their developer friends too.
You°ll report directly to the Director of Product Marketing, working closely with Corporate Communications, Online Marketing and Product Marketing teams. Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for App Annie°s developer marketing programs driving penetration of App Annie Analytics amongst developers worldwide.
- Act as a public representative and evangelist of the company amongst the developer community
- Plan, create and execute a roadmap of developer-focused content that drive engagement, virality and user acquisition - including infographics, e-books, online videos, blog articles, interviews, events and more.
- Provide critical feedback to product teams about what new features developers are looking for.
- Grow and engage App Annie°s community through community events, activities and interactive content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, Weibo etc.
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who is an app developer, understands app developers and speaks their language. In terms of marketing, this individual°s strengths should lie in content marketing, social media marketing and community management. Furthermore, whilst this individual is based in the US, they should have a genuinely global perspective, understanding the importance of both Twitter and Weibo, as well as other platforms for worldwide developers.
Knowing that the global app developer community is tight-knit and viral, we are looking for someone who can evangelize App Annie through both their face-to-face passion as well as their online effectiveness. This individual should be just as comfortable speaking at and organizing developer events, as they are driving compelling Quora questions.
- 4-6 years° experience in a developer marketing, evangelist, content marketing and/or community management role
- Excellent copywriter that is able to write in analytical, journalistic and entertainment styles
- Deep understanding of the apps, internet and technology industries and the ability to empathize with the life, culture and experience of app developers in particular
- Demonstrated track record of creating viral content across blogs, online video, social media etc.
- Out-of-the-box thinker that is constantly searching for new and creative ways to communicate and interact online
- A good understanding of the production process that goes into content marketing
- Ability to create and stick to a well-structured editorial calendar, handling multiple projects and fast-paced deadlines
- Excellent written presentation skills on Powerpoint and/or Keynote
- Voracious appetite for reading blogs and keeping up with the latest technology news
App Annie - 23 months ago
At App Annie, we hold our product development team to a very high standard. As such, we as a company stand by the following principles:...