The Cadmus Group, Inc. is recruiting a Pesticide/Pest Management Specialist with Integrated Pest Management (IPM) expertise to support the company’s international development practice.
This individual will play a key technical role for Cadmus in reviewing, assessing, recommending and strengthening pest and pesticide management strategies for US government-funded foreign assistance projects, including both agricultural production/food security and public health programming. All work will be conducted with a strong IPM orientation.
Responsibilities will include evaluating and recommending specific pesticides within IPM frameworks, specifying appropriate safer use practices over the full pesticide lifecycle, from procurement to disposal, and conducting field evaluations of pest management and pesticide use practices. The specialist is expected to serve as an expert in the application of USAID Environmental Procedures under 22CFR216, and specifically the Pesticide Procedures (§216.3(b)).
In addition to addressing pesticide use and pest management approaches at a project level, the Pesticide Specialist may be asked to work collaboratively with and help build IPM and safer use capacity among host country organizations, international development donors and other clients and partners engaged in pest management efforts.
• Advanced degree in a relevant technical field such as IPM, entomology, pesticide toxicology, plant pathology.
• Experience in and strong practical understanding of IPM and/or integrated vector control and safer pesticide use in developing areas.
• Familiarity and experience with pesticide chemistry and toxicology.
• Knowledge of US EPA Pesticide Registration/regulatory processes.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required; proficiency in database management, GIS, and collaboration tools desirable.
• Ability to travel outside the United States.
• Facility in Spanish, French or another foreign language.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
Location: Waltham, MA or Arlington, VA office
Travel: This position will require developing-area travel up to 50 percent of the time.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
The Cadmus Group, Inc. - 22 months ago