One part-time, unpaid internship is available in the Development, Individual Giving Department of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. The 10-week internship will take place during the work week. The intern will assist in research, administrative, and event planning tasks. Some evening events may be requested.
The Development Department is responsible for SFMOMA's fundraising activities. The Individual Giving team in the Development Department oversees fundraising and benefit fulfillment for members of the Director's Circle and Artist's Circle groups. Director's Circle donors make annual gifts of $15,000 or more to SFMOMA, and Artist's Circle donors give between $1,500 and $14,999 annually. In recognition of their generosity, SFMOMA provides unique benefits, such as exclusive receptions, special events, and travel opportunities.
Duration of Internship:
Monday, June 17 through Friday, August 23, 2013
This position will provide an increased knowledge of all aspects of individual fundraising, including events, mail campaigns, and information management. The intern will have a well-developed working knowledge of Raiser's Edge database upon completing this internship. In addition, the position provides experience working in collaboration with other museum departments including Donor Information Services, Donor Services, Marketing/PR, and Curatorial.
- Provide research and administrative support for the Director's Circle and Artist's Circle programs.
- Assist with the coordination of mailings to donors
- Offer support at donor events (if scheduled during 6/18 - 8/24)
- Proficiency with Office 2007, especially Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with standard office procedures and practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively and courteously with staff, as well as the ability to maintain a sense of humor and grace under pressure
- Ability to work independently, thoroughly and with attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential information
- Some background in art, art history, arts administration, or museum studies preferred.
- Some knowledge of Raiser's Edge or other donor database program.
Before applying, please visit the Internships Section of our website at www.sfmoma.org/pages/jobs_internships
- Internship application form printed from SFMOMA Web site; DO NOT APPLY ONLINE.
- Cover letter.
- Letters of Recommendation (one personal/professional and one academic) in a confidential, sealed envelope with the recommenders' signature across the seal
Please send application requirements* detailed above to:
Intern Program Manager
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
151 Third Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
All applications must be postmarked on/before March 8, 2013.
*Materials must be received in one complete package , with "Development, Individual Giving" marked clearly on the envelope.
The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity among its staff.