The Children`s Place Association is a safe haven for children and families whose lives have been devastated by disease and poverty. Since 1991, the agency has reached out to HIV/AIDS-affected children and families through services such as 24-hour residential nursing care, specialized day care, summer camp, mental health counseling, and foster care/adoption.
Please visit us online at www.childrens-place.org !
We are seeking a Development & Communications Coordinator to join our Development team. The Development & Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing the agency’s fundraising and communications strategies in conjunction with the Director of Development. The Coordinator oversees special events, communications activities, donor database management, gift acknowledgements and donor recognition. This position acts as liaison to donor groups, including the Professional Partners (junior board), and external groups planning fundraising activities. The Development & Communications Coordinator supervises a part-time employee and the agency’s volunteer programs.
Event-related responsibilities include: Coordinating the planning and execution of fundraising events, including annual Once Upon A Time Gala; working closely with volunteer event committees in venue selection, solicitation of sponsors, securing auction/raffle items, development of event materials, event budgets, and coordination of vendors and volunteers.
Communications-related responsibilities include: developing videos, print materials (brochures, annual reports), electronic updates/newsletters and managing website, online content and social media.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communications, Liberal Arts or Social Services.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, marketing, communications or media relations required.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office software required.
- Must have strong writing and design skills coupled with a hands-on and collaborative approach to work.
- Exceptional attention to detail, comfort handling multiple priorities under time constraints and a high degree of creativity and initiative required.
- Must have experience supervising staff and volunteers.
- Excellent social skills and ability to relate to persons from many different backgrounds required.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communications skills required.
- Must be available for evening and weekend hours, have access to a car and possess a valid Illinois driver’s license.
NPO.net - 7 months ago