Rhinelander Children’s Center is a premier resource for Upper East Side families. Rhinelander offers arts and education programming for children ages 1-12 on weekdays and a recreational program for Deaf children and teens two Saturdays per month during the school year. The Center is a self-sustaining branch of The Children’s Aid Society, a respected social services agency that works with children and families in poverty in New York City.
The Development and Saturday Program Coordinator supports work at Rhinelander by organizing the Center’s fundraising activities and supporting the Saturday Program for Deaf Children and Teens. Because much of the fundraising is for the Saturday Program, the two roles are linked. This position reports to the Rhinelander Center Director. Specific responsibilities are as follows.
• Write and report on annual grants to government agencies and private foundations.
• Organize an annual fundraising event.
• Prepare and disseminate an annual appeal letter and track results.
• Maintain mailing lists and organize all development mailings.
• Manage marketing and social media including a Facebook page and groups.
• Research and pursue new fundraising opportunities.
• Support Rhinelander Advisory Board – a group of volunteers that helps at the Center.
Saturday Program for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children and Teens Responsibilities:
• Assist Saturday Program Director in organizing speakers and activities for the program and ordering snacks and supplies.
• Enroll children in the program and ensure all documentation is up to date; track attendance.
• Maintain program files on staff and participants.
• Prepare schedules, flyers, mailings and program e-mails to communicate with participants.
• Outreach within the Deaf Community to promote the program.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate coursework a plus.
• Two years’ experience working at a nonprofit children’s or educational organization in fundraising, programming or administration.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
• Comfortable using social media.
• Some knowledge of American Sign Language and/or Spanish a plus, though not required
• Flexible and able to juggle multiple projects.
Hours and schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:30-5:30; 15-20 Saturdays per school year (with days off to compensate during the week).
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Hours per Week:
Full or Part Time:
Salary or Hourly:
Rhinelander Children's Center
The Children's Aid Society - 17 months ago