Scope of Position
The Development Accountant has the overall responsibility to reconcile all Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts including, but not limited to Accruals, Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Advance Payments, Loans, Revenue, Cost of Sales, etc., critically analyze any variances, and prepare adjusting journal entries to ensure the accuracy of all accounts. This position has to be able to apply comprehensive accounting knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures in both accounting standards applicable to EDF Renewable Energy, IAS as well as US GAAP.
Reports to: Development Accounting Supervisor
Division/Department: Corporate Finance
Location: San Diego, CA
100% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers as well as other office equipment. Frequent use of phones, general office equipment and various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite products is required. In addition, the Corporate Finance team utilizes SAP, ProSystems and BFC, a consolidation program to communicate financial information with our French parent company, EDF EN.
• Record and reconcile general accruals and follow up on reversals.
• Reconcile all intercompany accounts, research and resolve outstanding discrepancies.
• Prepare adjusting journal entries, as necessary.
• Record cash receipts.
• Run A/P and A/R aging reports periodically and research aged items as needed.
• Assist in completing monthly reporting packages and audit requests.
• Provide accounting support to FP&A analysts, Supervisor and Manager by researching data as requested.
• Analyze, research and investigate balance sheet data for reporting purposes working with the Consolidation department.
• Manage timesheet process for projects. Ensure timesheets are recorded to the projects on a weekly basis and are being submitted timely and accurately.
• Collaborate with other accounting segments to complete quarterly companywide journal entries.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in accounting or finance.
• A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working within an accounting department (preferably mid-size to large company), and/or in Public Accounting.
• Experience with an integrated accounting software package and experience with SAP preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheet software and experience with Microsoft software programs including but not limited to Word and Outlook.
• Must demonstrate that he/she is a highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality and good team player that can become an asset to the organization. Ability to follow through on assigned tasks from start to finish. Able to research, analyze and problem-solve.
• Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards required, knowledge of International Accounting Standards a plus.
• Excellent administrative, organizational and communication skills required.
EDF Renewable Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EDF Renewable Energy - 9 months ago