DonorsChoose.org engages the public in public schools by giving people a simple, accountable, and personal way to address educational inequity. In this clip , Oprah Winfrey and board member Stephen Colbert tell our story.
To date, teachers at half of all the public schools in America have posted classroom project requests on our site. Projects range from paper and markers for a poetry writing unit to violins for a school recital. More than 1,000,000 “citizen philanthropists” have supported such projects, channeling books, field trips, technology, and other resources to more than 8.9 million students from low-income communities. In all, we’ve generated $182 million for learning experiences designed by our country’s most dedicated public school teachers.
GOOD Magazine highlighted us as one of 30 Places We Want to Work , while Fast Company named DonorsChoose.org one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World —the first time a charity has made this list. Our culture is informal, fast-paced, and fun.
See more at www.donorschoose.org/jobs
The Partnerships & Business Development (PBD) team designs innovative philanthropic partnerships with corporations and foundations. This team is responsible for generating $31 million in classroom project funding, often through award-winning cause marketing campaigns with partners such as Chase, Kia, Sonic Drive-In, J.Crew, Groupon, and the NFL.
The Development Assistant will support the development efforts of a five-person team, and report to the Senior Director for the PBD Team, East. Core responsibilities are as follows:
Partnership Administration and Project Management:
Grants Management and Reporting:
- Administer our managed giving programs for corporate and foundation funders including – Project Funding, Double Your Impact, Almost Home, Gift Cards, Employee Giving
- Create and maintain partnership records in our customer relations database, Salesforce.com, including contact and relationship records and logging of ongoing email, call and meeting notes
- Provide general support to the PBD team including mailing invitations, copying and assembling meeting materials, maintaining marketing materials, and assistance with event planning
- C ompile data on current partnership results and impact
- R esearch corporate and foundation prospects and assist with compiling materials for pitch meetings
- Spend out grant funds
- Write and assemble compelling emails, proposals, and grants for foundations and corporations
- Analyze and present data for grants, media requests, or internal meetings
The right candidate is motivated by our mission and entrepreneurial, goals-driven culture. We seek a team player who is:
- A college graduate with up to two years of work experience (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, and excels in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- A quick learner who is driven by results, and excited to work on a fast-paced team with aggressive growth plans
- A problem-solver with a customer-service orientation and strong analytical skills
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- Capable of working well in a process-heavy environment, and adaptable to change
- Comfortable with tasks relating to administration and office management
- Adept with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and eager to learn new software and technology
- Experience with Salesforce a plus, but not required
- Eager to take on challenges with a sense of humor. Bonus points given to kickball players, karaoke singers and Colbert Report watchers!
This is a part-time, temporary position with a time commitment of 20-30 hours/week (schedule is flexible). Compensation is $15 per hour. The position is for an immediate start and is based in DonorsChoose.org’s national office in midtown Manhattan.
Please apply online by submitting ONE attachment with a resume and cover letter indicating how you learned of the position, addressed to Kirk Smiley, Senior Director, East Region. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No calls, please.
DonorsChoose.org is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We enthusiastically encourage diverse applicants to apply for this and all of our positions!
DonorsChoose.org - 8 months ago