POSITION OVERVIEW: The Development Assistant reports to the Development Director and provides support for fundraising events and appeals, marketing efforts including newsletter and website, and volunteer activities. The Assistant interacts with a wide range of people including supervisors, Board Members, clients, elected officials, business associates, vendors and volunteers, and must project a professional appearance and demeanor during all work-related activities and communications. This position requires some travel for deliveries and pick-up within Brooklyn and Manhattan, as well as occasional heavy lifting.
• Experience with special events, direct mail appeals, graphic/website design preferred.
• Must be organized, reliable and able to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines, as well as adapt to changes.
• Excellent communication, grammar and spelling abilities.
• Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook) and database applications (DonorPerfect online).
• Aptitude with graphic/website design and publishing software. Experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, DreamWeaver) is a plus.
• The ability to responsibly manage confidential and/or sensitive information.
• A commitment to social service programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Work with the Development Director to develop and maintain a calendar of fundraising activities, including the annual appeal, special events, constituent stewardship and acquisition efforts, and outreach projects.
• Maintain accurate records of all gifts and event participation, and insure appropriate acknowledgements.
• Assist the Development Director in designing the agency's "Community Notes" newsletter and other publications.
• Assist the Development Director in maintaining the agency's website and online profiles (Facebook, GuideStar, NYCharities, etc.).
• Assist the Development Director in coordinating the annual appeal mailing.
• Assist the Development Director in planning and executing special events, including the Annual Gala Benefit, Board Wine Tasting Reception, and volunteer gardening days.
• Other related duties as assigned.
idealist.org - 8 months ago
Brooklyn Community Housing and Services, Inc. (BCHS) is committed to ending homelessness in Brooklyn and empowering all the residents of...