PURPOSE : Provides administrative support to the Director of Development in overseeing the management of all fundraising and marketing activities for the agency.
- Support the work of the Development Director; e.g. scheduling appointments, travel arrangements, written communication and calendar support.
- Assist in writing projects including grants, appeal letters, success stories and news articles.
- Create, sort and manage data using Excel.
- Open, sort, and process incoming gifts.
- Produce mailings, including running labels, merging documents and transporting materials to the mail house.
- Oversees Donor Recognition event held annually.
- Coordinate event logistics such as venue, and catering.
- Manage event registration.
- Does data entry, referencing information in the database and generating basic reports.
- Coordinate board committee meetings and record minutes.
- Perform general office duties.
- Checks e-mail and voice mail throughout the day when working responding to contacts within an appropriate time frame.
- Travel between sites or in the community.
- Must be able to work some early mornings, evenings, and an occasional weekend.
- Meets performance standards for productivity, accuracy and quality of work, customer service, teamwork, attendance and punctuality as well as projects/objectives.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings.
- Serve as an effective member of the team in completing tasks as assigned toward planning, implementing and hosting successful fundraising events throughout the year.
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum two years progressively responsible experience in an administrative support role.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers with varying needs and expectations.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work in an ever-changing environment
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor database software strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency required, including Microsoft office, graphic design and desktop publishing software. Knowledge of Excel, PageMaker, PowerPoint, a plus. Word processing, minimum 50 wpm.
- Excellent writing, grammar and presentation skills. Working knowledge of image scanner, internet and e-mail.
- Interest in/passion for LifeWorks NW mission
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Requires access to a car and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and the occasional weekend.
LifeWorks NW - 11 months ago