This is a union position subject to the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
Under the direction of the Director of Individual Giving (DIG), this position supports the fundraising efforts of SFMOMA's Director's Circle (annual gifts of $15,000 and above) and Artist's Circle (annual gifts of $1,500 - $14,999) programs. Working closely with the Associate Director of Individual Giving for Director's Circle, and the Assistant Director of Individual Giving for Artist's Circle, the Associate will manage the administrative functions of the Individual Giving team, including gift tracking, renewal management, event planning, committee support, and benefit fulfillment for all levels of Artist's Circle and Director's Circle (ACDC).
The Development Associate works internally with Donor Information Services, Donor Services, Membership, and Curatorial departments, as well as externally with trustees, committee members, volunteers, interns, and external vendors.
Under the supervision of the DIG, the Development Associate:
- Works closely with Donor Information Services to ensure timely and accurate ACDC gift processing, tracking, and acknowledgement.
- Generates weekly ACDC Income report and additional reports to record progress toward Individual Giving fundraising goals.
- Manages monthly renewals and prospect solicitation packets for AC and DC donors, including creating events listing, recognition lists, contribution forms, press articles, and benefits information.
- Manages AC and DC annual Fall solicitation mailings to all levels of ACDC donors.
- Maintains AC and DC donor and prospect records including database records in Raiser's Edge, hard files, and electronic files.
- Coordinates logistics and prepares materials for Artist's Circle and Director's Circle quarterly committee meetings and other meetings as necessary.
- Provides logistical and administrative support for AC and DC donor recognition and prospecting events such as ACDC exhibition previews, receptions, tours, private collection visits, and the annual DC Dinner. Includes invitation list management, tracking RSVPs, event logistics, staffing, and other support as needed.
- Collaborates with Accessions, Art Interest Group, and Auxiliaries coordinators on ACDC event mailing lists, Raiser's Edge proposals, and gift invoicing and tracking.
- Oversees and assigns projects to department volunteers and summer intern.
- Coordinates production of AC and DC collateral materials including stationery, brochures, and event invitations with Graphic Design department.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Individual Giving team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training: B.A.
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years' experience in Development preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively in person, on the telephone, and in writing with supervisors, staff, trustees, donors, and volunteers.
- Written communication skills, ability to write correspondence to high level donors with accuracy.
- Planning, strategic and organizational skills to effectively coordinate and prioritize activities and scheduling for diverse development activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Raiser's Edge (RE) database software.
- Experience with standard office procedures and practices.
- Work under pressure and against deadlines.
Physical Demands: Some lifting of boxes associated with events and donor benefits fulfillment needs.
Special Environmental Factors : None.
POSITION : Development Associate, Individual Giving
SUPERVISOR : Director of Individual Giving
SCHEDULE: 35 hours per week (includes benefits)
PAY RATE : $20.93/hr (starting rate)
$25.41/hr (position rate)
The first review deadline for this position is January 24, 2013.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art encourages people of color, residents of SOMA, and other San Francisco residents to apply.
The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
SFMOMA - 15 months ago